Academic Neurosurgeon & Spine Surgeon
Awards, Prizes & Scholarships
A selection of Dr Oehme's achievements are listed here. For more information about Dr Oehme visit his CV page.
- 2015 Peter Leech Memorial Prize 2015 awarded for best scientific manuscript presented at Neurosurgical Society of Australasia annual scientific meeting Qld Australia.
- 2015 Morgan Travelling Fellowship for 2016 ($10,000) awarded by RACS Board of Surgical Research
- 2015 Monash University School of Clinical Sciences Head of School’s PhD Excellence Award.
- 2015 Basic Science Award. 66th Southern Neurosurgical Society Annual Meeting. March 2015. Naples Florida. USA. In Vivo MRI Tracking Of Mesenchymal Precursor Cells Labeled With Iron Oxide Fluorescent Nanoparticles (IODEX) In An Ovine Model Of Disc Degeneration.
- 2014 Peter Ryan Research Prize 2014 St Vincent’s Hospital Surgical Forum. Awarded to best scientific manuscript and presentation.
- 2013 Peter Leech Memorial Prize 2013 Awarded for best scientific manuscript presented at Neurosurgical Society of Australasia annual scientific meeting Qld Australia.
- 2012 Surgical Research Society of Australasia Travel Grant – Awarded for oral presentation “Lumbar Intervertebral Disc Regeneration at the time of Microdiscectomy.”
- 2012 Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Foundation for Surgery Research Scholarship ($60,000)
- 2011 NSA (Neurosurgical Society of Australasia) Research Scholarship (Sponsored by Synthes - $35,000)